Sunday 4 July 2010

Welcome

Do you see the linkages between history & social action? Then welcome to this Blog It will contain information about events and issues of interest to me across the following range of topics:



Local histories of the Balham. Battersea, Clapham, Oval, Kennington, Putney, Roehmapton, Streatham, Tooting, Wandsworth Town districts of the Boroughs of Lambeth, Merton & Wandsworth.



Co-operative, freemasonry, labour movement, friendly society, and mutual organisation histories.



Black & Asian presence in Britain.



Slavery & Abolition.



North East slavery and abolition and radicalism.



Contemporary community and social action issues facing community and voluntary organisations.



Up to now I have shared information about events and issues about the above in my History & Social Action Newsletter, which I publish and email out about every three weeks. Later it is published on my website: http://www.seancreighton.com/. The Blog will enable me to make information available more quickly.



Sean

No comments:

Post a Comment